Re: Alternative DVCS to git: hg?

=>
=> Came across this: plan to use rust for hg:
=> https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/OxidationPlan
=>
=> Quite interesting. Would be good to see A. hg using a compiled language B.
=> rust getting another big user.
=>
=> Mayuresh

   Rust can be quite a pig when compiling, and it would be nice to have
something that could be run with existing tools. I've started looking
into what it would take to convert Mercurial/hg from Python into Lua,
which might make it a good fit for NetBSD. Not sure how far I'll get
with it, but presumably it could keep me occupied for a while.

                              Gary Duzan