Re: Alternative DVCS to git: hg?

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 01:52:26PM -0500, J. Lewis Muir wrote:
> Yes, it's a good alternative.  I use it for most of my projects.  It's
> also used by a number of large projects such as Firefox, nginx, and
> OpenJDK, and I gather it's on a short list of VCSes being evaluated by
> NetBSD as its next VCS (which would replace CVS).

I also read somewhere facebook picking it, and also heavily contributing
to it.

I am just intrigued by it being written in python (except may be for the
merge algorithm which is in C). Wouldn't most engineers prefer C/C++ for
such a low level and key component?

Regarding NetBSD, pkgsrc-wip was moved to git and pkgsrc has a git view of
its CVS repo. So I thought git was more likely candidate in NetBSD.

It will help if list members with experience of both git and hg could
share some pros and cons of both. (No flame war meant!)

Mayuresh