Re: netbsd development on a raspberry pi

Basically, any size you can buy, I think it needs to be above 2G. I
have 32G and 64G cards, they were around 30$.

Note that you want the fastest tier cards, look for UHS-1. Example:
https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/samsung-evo-microsd-uhs-i-64gb-class-10-memory-cards-6304644
for 28.50.

I have heard that some cards are advertised as "super robust" or
something like that, which is supposedly better for workloads that
read/write/rewrite a lot of data, such as builds. But I have no
experience with these.

The build machine that I mentioned has a hard drive attached via USB,
which is where the obj directories go.

In general, I recommend a separate partition for WRKOBJDIR, scratch
space or whatever that you can mount with -o async. Having the root
filesystem mounted async is asking for trouble, which I learned the
hard way.

--
Benny