Re: netbsd development on a raspberry pi

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 10:55 AM Mayuresh Kathe <mayuresh%sdf.org@localhost> wrote:
> the question that i don't have an answer to is whether it is possible
> to do development on an 'rpi' running netbsd? development would not
> be restricted to just userland, but would also spill over into
> kernel zone too.

Sure! NetBSD runs well on the RPi with the evbarm port. You'll want to
run -current for best results. See http://invisible.ca/arm/ for images
that you can just dd onto a memory card.

Personally, I have an "OrangePi Plus 2E" that I bought based on
jmcneill's recommendation. It is a bit faster than the RPi
(particularly for storage and network), has been running super stable
doing continuous builds and costs about the same as an RPi.

--
Benny