Re: Horde Webmailer

On Thu, 03 Jan 2019 14:35:19 +0100
Niels Dettenbach <nd%syndicat.com@localhost> wrote:

> i would recommend to install the whole Horde 5 (horde/horde) and then
> (globally) "disable" unwanted Horde apps in admin.
>
> I had the effect that installations of Horde by pear (the official way as
> in INSTALL) was "broken" if not.

As you wrote the pear-installation might be broken, you're probably refering
to www/horde vom pkgsrc as an alternative?

I already wondered if this could be an easier way to make it work, but from
the DESCR I am not sure what this "Framework" really installs and what would
still be missing when I want webmail.

And do I have to uninstall all currently present Horde packages, before
installing everything from Horde 5? Is there an easy way to uninstall
multiple packages with pear (like uninstall dependencies as well)?

> Visit any warnings in the pear install output about resources to install
> possibly by hand.

Indeed, yesterday I noticed during installation that there were warnings
and/or errors, although pear reported "install ok" in the last line. I had
to add php-ldap and php-gettext from pkgsrc, for example.
I really don't like pear. I would expect it to halt on such a problem. :|

> Did you had runned the included "test.php" (by webserver) and checked the
> required environment before config?

Yes. Same problem. The browser shows:

A fatal error has occurred
Class 'Horde_Exception' not found
Details have been logged for the administrator.

It wouldn't surprise when not a single Horde class works, but Horde_Exception
is just the first class referenced.

> i use i.e. (pear instance in "separated" directory - this is untested from
> mind!):
> [...]

I would prefer to make the global installation in /usr/pkg/lib/php. But I
might try that for testing purposes.

Thanks for your help!

--
Frank Wille