Re: Horde Webmailer

Am Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2019, 15:13:09 CET schrieb Frank Wille:
> As you wrote the pear-installation might be broken, you're probably
> refering to www/horde vom pkgsrc as an alternative?
yes,
i work with current pkgsrc php / pear.

Ah - forgot, and for console stuff you might add the instance "php" Dir ("/
path_to_my/horde/pear/php") to the php include path in the general php.ini -
i.e. in:
	include_path = ".:/usr/pkg/lib/php:/path_to_my/horde/pear/php"

this possibly helps to solve your console problem (this is one point why why
the official docs recommend the "web config").

As in the Horde INSTALL docs you have to set additional env vars in your
webserver for separate path pear instance install:

https://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL#installing-into-separate-pear

> I already wondered if this could be an easier way to make it work, but from
> the DESCR I am not sure what this "Framework" really installs and what
> would still be missing when I want webmail.

IMP webmailer is "an app" for the Horde framework. It resides (as all apps)
in his subdir - called "imp" by the app name.

> And do I have to uninstall all currently present Horde packages, before
> installing everything from Horde 5? Is there an easy way to uninstall
> multiple packages with pear (like uninstall dependencies as well)?

If you install to your own directory / seperated path of pear instance, you
just have to move the whole root DIR out of the way or use a new subdir.

> A fatal error has occurred
> Class 'Horde_Exception' not found
> Details have been logged for the administrator.
>
> It wouldn't surprise when not a single Horde class works, but
> Horde_Exception is just the first class referenced.
Try to add the path to "include_path" as described here and set the webserver
environment vars as in the Horde INSTALL docs.

hth and good luck,
best regards,

Niels.

--