Re: Wireless USB Adapter

On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 10:40:48PM +0000, imglitch%protonmail.com@localhost wrote:

> So, I took a look at http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?urtwn+4.i386+NetBSD-8.0 and despite the fact the my specific device is not listed on the hardware list, it`s chipset is listed as one of the supported ones. If the chipset is supported, then why it is loaded as ugen when I plug it on my laptop?
>
> My adapter: TP-LINK TL WN823N
> Chipset: RTL8192EU

The EU on the end is very significant.  That variant is not supported at
the moment.  I have some (old) local mods that get the firmware loaded
but I was stuck on getting the interface actually passing packets.  It
is not just a matter of adding the USB id unfortunately, the method of

Brett Lymn
Let go, or be dragged - Zen proverb.