Re: NetBSD 8.0_RC1 critical_filesystems_remote oddity

    Date:        Fri, 22 Jun 2018 12:19:12 -0500
    From:        Robert Nestor <rnestor%mac.com@localhost>

  | I thought I?d try putting my /home filesystem on a NAS box, so I?ve added the line
	 ?critical_filesystems_remote= OPTIONAL:/home
  | to /etc/rc.conf

And when you did that, the

	critical_filesystems_remote="OPTIONAL:/usr"

line that is  in /etc/defaults.rc.conf was overridden (and if the space that
is after the '=' in the line you showed is there, different wrong stuff would
occurm so I assume it is just an artifact of the e-mail format).

You need

	critical_filesystems_remote="OPTIONAL:/usr OPTIONAL:/home"

so that they are both there.

All that said, why do you need /home as a critical filesystem?

What that  means is that there is something there which is needed
for the boot process to complete, not just that it is important to you .

If you have stuff in /home which is needed to boot, I'd suggest a better
solution would be to move that stuff elsewhere.

kre