NetBSD 8.0_RC1 critical_filesystems_remote oddity

I thought I’d try putting my /home filesystem on a NAS box, so I’ve added the line “critical_filesystems_remote=“OPTIONAL:/home” to /etc/rc.conf but when the system boots up the logs show:

[running /etc/rc.d/mountcritremote]
[running /etc/rc.d/sysdb]
Building databases: devdev_mkdb: not found
, devdev_mkdb: not found
, utmpinstall: not found
, utmpxinstall: not found
.
[running /etc/rc.d/newsyslog]
[running /etc/rc.d/wscons]
eval: /usr/sbin/wsconscfg: not found
eval: /usr/sbin/wsconscfg: not found
eval: /usr/sbin/wsconscfg: not found
eval: /usr/sbin/wsconscfg: not found
[running /etc/rc.d/syslogd]

The man page on rc.conf indicates this might be done with /usr which contains a lot more critical stuff for the system then /home, so I’m surprised it didn’t work as expected.

Is this normal, or is this a bug/feature?