[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: POSIX semaphore/shared memory management/monitoring tools
Robert Elz writes:
- Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 22:10:35 -0600
- From: eric%cirr.com@localhost (Eric Schnoebelen)
- Message-ID: <201801010410.w014AZdJ006531%egsner.cirr.com@localhost>
- | Sorry, kre, but I haven't been able to get ipcs(1) to provide
- | information about POSIX named semaphores. I tried it first, hoping
- | it would provide the needed information. (after having to rack
- | my brains to remember what the command was.)
- Ah, you are asking about bugs, rather than whether or not it exists.
- That I cannot speak to, I don't use any of that personally, but if
- you file a PR and can give a simple procedure to demonstrate the
- problem, there is a good chance it can get fixed.
Well, I was asking if there was another program that was
supposed to provide similar functionality. (fstat(1) and
pstat(1) might be other choices in the light of day, but they
don't provide anything additional either.)
Since the answer is "no", I'll dig into implementing it, and
(hopefully) present the needed patches on tech-userlevel later.
Eric Schnoebelen eric%cirr.com@localhost http://www.cirr.com
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
-- Oscar Wilde
Main Index |
Thread Index |