Re: POSIX semaphore/shared memory management/monitoring tools

Robert Elz writes:
-   From:        eric%cirr.com@localhost (Eric Schnoebelen)
-   | Something similar to ipcs(1) for SystemV shared memory,
-   | semaphores, and message queues?
-
- You mean like ...
-
- -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  18370 Dec 11  2014 /usr/bin/ipcs

Sorry, kre,  but I haven't been able to get ipcs(1) to provide
information about POSIX named semaphores.  I tried it first, hoping
it would provide the needed information. (after having to rack
my brains to remember what the command was.)

To be clear, I have a test program that opens a POSIX named
semaphore with sem_open(3), and then sleeps.  When using
ipcs(1), no semaphores appear. (I also have a much larger
program, being ported from Linux, that appears to be leaking
named semaphores, and consuming all available POSIX semaphores
in the system, hence the test program, and the desire to
interrogate the system for the semaphores in use.)

Nor do POSIX named semaphores appear in /var/shm. (POSIX named
shared memory segments do, as dot-files.)

I probably should have made that clear in my initial posting.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric%cirr.com@localhost		http://www.cirr.com
	Programming is like sex: One mistake and you have to support