Re: ssh bad packet length errors over tor

Greg Troxel wrote:
> Is this just what happens with when a tor circuit is lost?   I would
> expect it to just be closed, without apparent spurious data.

I've been using onions for ssh connections for a couple of years already
and I don't recall anything similar to your problems. I use socat for socks5:

# ssh_config
Host scaleway
    hostname nba6dinpl75czhbc.onion
    ProxyCommand /usr/pkg/bin/socat STDIO SOCKS4A:127.0.0.1:%h:%p,socksport=9150

--
Alex