Re: creating a netbsd router

"Johnny Billquist" <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> wrote:
=> On 2017-07-22 16:38, dieter roelants wrote:
=>> On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 22:33:36 +0200
=>> Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> wrote:
=>>
=>>> No. You should not set an ip address on any of the interfaces. You
=>>> create a bridge interface, connect all the physical interfaces to the
=>>> bridge interface, and you set an ip address on the bridge interface.
=>>
=>> That's not how it works in NetBSD. You cannot add IP addresses to the
=>> bridge interface itself.
=>
=> Thanks for the correction. Interesting and unexpected (for me).

   I believe the NetBSD way would be to create a tun interface, add that
to the bridge, and configure the IP address on that.

                             Gary Duzan