Re: Can I use NetBSD as a desktop system?

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 12:13:16PM +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> There is wip/chromium, it needs a determined person to keep it up to
> date and get patches upstream.
>
> Whenever they had to make something specific to windows, they would
> split the code by #if OS_WINDOWS or #if OS_LINUX. and not unix == else
> case.
>
> So everywhere we need to add OS_BSD, and they haven't been taking in
> patches, so there's hundreds of such cases, which shift a little on
> updates.

Sad state of code portability - not something NetBSDers would be
particularly fond of.

But, may be we can have one working version imported into pkgsrc. We can
update it once in a while considering above.

Alternatively, Linux emulation, with which libreoffice-bin or adobe flash
plugins run on NetBSD should be explored.

Mayuresh.