Re: Small board with good Ethernet and GPS/PPS

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 11:47:37PM +0100, Martin Cermak wrote:
> Hi Manuel,
>
> On  Mon  2016-11-21  09:11 , Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 04:34:26PM -0800, Hal Murray wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > Does anybody have a favorite small board with both a good Ethernet connection
> > > and a way to connect GPS with PPS?
> >
> > I've used a olimex lime2 board for building a chart plotter
> > (https://github.com/mbouyer/marine_chartplotter/wiki)
> > For your project you may find a A20-OlinuxIno-micro easier to use
> > (the 0.05" connectors of the lime2 requires special attention).
> > Olimex has a GPS module but I'm not sure it has a pps output.
> > If you don't mind doing some wiring/soldering, using MTK3339-based
> > module will work, and I found it to be pretty good.
> >

> Was the NetBSD installation to your Olimex board as simple as
> booting the "stock" USB image and then using the provided
> installer?  Or was it more hackish?

I used a pre-installed SD card image. I think I just used the image
for the cubieboard 2 (or maybe another image where I put the cubieboard
kernel).
I remember that I just followed the instruction on the NetBSD wiki.

I don't think these devices can boot from USB ...