Re: HP 620 - first install and where is my wireless?

Hi Christos

thhansk to you and all others.

Christos Zoulas wrote:

No, this is bluetooth, the below one  is the network:

indeed, most probably there is a single button that turns on both WLAN and BlueTooth.

vendor 0x1814 product 0x3090 (miscellaneous network) at pci2 dev 0
function 0 not configured
We have the entry in pcidevs:

pcidevs:product RALINK  RT3090          0x3090  RT3090 802.11b/g/n

But no driver; FreeBSD has one and OpenBSD has it too in if_ral_pci.c
It should not be hard to copy the OpenBSD code to our if_ral_pcic to
make it work.

I have never written a line of Kernel code, however it would be nice to get this running. A laptop without WiFi is not so useful nowadays!

Perhaps I can work with Robert on this. Could be fun and useful.

Riccardo