Re: HP 620 - first install and where is my wireless?

In article <571F3A9D.8070005%libero.it@localhost>,
Riccardo Mottola  <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I installed NetBSD 7.0 on an HP 620 laptop. Basically the computer
>works, dmesg contains some scary warnings:
>
>What is this?
>drm: HPD interrupt storm detected on connector DP-2: switching from
>hotplug detection to polling
>
>Could it be related to this issue?
>drm: GPU HANG: ecode -1:0x00000000, reason: Command parser error, iir
>0x00008010, action: continue
>drm: GPU hangs can indicate a bug anywhere in the entire gfx stack,
>including userspace.
>
>However, what bothers mee is that I have no wireless itnerface device
>shown by ifconfig, nor do I see in dmesg something related. It should be
>a Ralink device.
>
>If I activate/deactivate the wlan with the keyboard button, I see this:
>ubt0: detached
>ubt0: at uhub1 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
>ubt0 at uhub1 port 1
>ubt0: Ralink Technology product 0x1000, rev 2.00/52.76, addr 2
>
>Does this mean that after cycling it, the device is seen on the USB bus?
>but then there is no driver to manage it?
>Missing firmware?

No, this is bluetooth, the below one  is the network:

>vendor 0x1814 product 0x3090 (miscellaneous network) at pci2 dev 0
>function 0 not configured

We have the entry in pcidevs:

pcidevs:product RALINK  RT3090          0x3090  RT3090 802.11b/g/n

But no driver; FreeBSD has one and OpenBSD has it too in if_ral_pci.c
It should not be hard to copy the OpenBSD code to our if_ral_pcic to
make it work.

christos