Re: HP 620 - first install and where is my wireless?

Hi Robert,

Robert Swindells wrote:
An external dongle or built in to the laptop ?

It is built-in into the laptop. Most probably the button activates both WLAN and BT. I am interested in WLAN first.

Does the Ralink wifi device show up if you run usbdevs(8) ?

There are a number of newer Ralink devices that are not supported by
the run(4) driver in 7.0 and -current, I have patches against -current
to add support for a few more.

It is not USB at all, sorry for that. Christos got the line:

vendor 0x1814 product 0x3090 (miscellaneous network) at pci2 dev 0 function 0 not configured

Do your patches contemplate this chip perhaps?

Else, if you have patience we can try working together on importing the OpenBSD driver. I don't have any Kernel experience, however I do know C and this laptop is fast enough that doing some kernel compiling. Apparently the RT3090 is used in several laptops from HP and Lenovo, so supporting it could make more people happy.

Riccardo