Re: Reformatting little USB-harddisks

    Most of these that I've used work just fine. You end up mounting them
    as /dev/sdXe and use mount_msdos. /dev/sdXe is just a made up
    disklabel that the machine makes to temporarily deal with it.

    Some come formatted with ExFAT now which is not compatible with
    NetBSD, and might never be as far as I know.

    You can wipe them and use fdisk and disklabel to turn them into "real"
    NetBSD disks without any problem. There might be a few that cause
    issues but most work in my experience.
    Andy

Ok, thats fairly easy - fdisk and disklabel. Will be a 1T harddisk. Just
for keeping backups in a separate location.

Not the fastest solution I guess. Rsync will take care of it - and I still
have the slower USB2 on my server...

Cheers
herb langhans