Re: Reformatting little USB-harddisks

    From: Travis Paul <Tr%visPaul.me@localhost> [160308 18:36]

    > They come FAT formatted, right? Has anyone of you tried to
    > reformat them for NetBSD? I guess its not a big thing, but I wonder if I
    > can buy any brand (need it for portable server backup and need GID/UID) or
    > there are some models what make trouble with formatting, partitioning or
    > mounting.

    I have used several brands, WD, Seagate, Kingston and they have all worked with NetBSD.
    I've even used a Kingston SATA to USB converter with an SanDisk SSD and had no issues.

    Best of luck,
    Travis

Thats great, thanks for the hint, Travis. I will fetch a WD or Seagate.
Will miss my tape streamer though, it has style...

Cheers
herb langhans