Re: How to install NetBSD on a USB stick

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 08:55:05AM +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:
> that is an install image, the orignal poster sounded like they wanted to
> run a full NetBSD from the stick which is different.  There is a wiki
> entry for installing on a usb stick:
>
> https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_to_install_netbsd_from_an_usb_memory_stick/
>
> which is pretty much the same as my one (the implementality blog post).
> Are you having problems or just after "official" documentation?

I was looking for either
- official documentation or
- official image (I cited a 3rd party one in OP, A. Do not know whether it
  would be secure B. I anyway tried it and it didn't work) or
- instructions to install using installer, using which I am able to
  install to a hard disk, (why not to a USB stick)
- your blog (I cited in OP) is nice. I just wonder why the standard
  installation procedure should not work for a stick.
- Will the end result be different with your method vs creating a live
  image (as Gary's reply suggested)?

Mayuresh.