Re: How to run Microsoft Internet Explorer on NetBSD?

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Marina Brown <marina%e271.net@localhost> wrote:

> They have a portal that requires windows. I think you can even get
> windows 10 for free under some circumstances. Not sure about this i had
> a windows license owned by my company.
>
> --- Marina Brown

Thank Marina, Coypu

I have opted by this way.

I have downloaded the image for virtual box for ie6_winxp. It has
worked with the qemu emulator.

I have done:

tar xf file.ovf
It has uncompressed a vmdk file. I have converted it to qcow2 with qemu-img:
qemu-img -c -O qcow2 "IE6 - WinXP-disk1.vmdk" "IE6 - WinXP-disk1.qcow2"

qemu-system-i386 -m 256 -net nic,model=ne2k_pci  -net user -hda "IE6 -
WinXP-disk1.qcow2"

and it worked ok.

It is slow..., but it works and it is easy if you think on wine.