Re: How to run Microsoft Internet Explorer on NetBSD?

On 01/29/2016 05:31 AM, Jose Luis Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> I need to use Internet Explorer for access a web from my company:
> Siebel software.
>
> It uses Active X and it only works with Internet Explorer. (They
> haven't activated the mode of Siebel Software for non Microsoft
> browsers).
>
> .It is a application that I must use, very few times.
>
> It is the option that I have used (tested some of them). What option
> do you suggest?
>
> 1- Wine (I have tried it years ago with bad results with Explorer.
> 2- I can access with Citrix, but the citrix client from pkgsrc is very
> old ,and it has problems with certificates of our Citrix Server. I
> have tried to add the certificates without success. I don't know if I
> am doing the right thing, or the citrix client has some problem for
> understand the new certificates.
> 3- VMware.
> 4- Other emulator?

I use Qemu for virtualization. Not much different that VMware but it is
open source if that matters in this instance. There is virtualbox that
you can use for virtualization too. If i were you i would keep a small
windows virt for use with your company - i used to do just the same.
They have a portal that requires windows. I think you can even get
windows 10 for free under some circumstances. Not sure about this i had
a windows license owned by my company.

--- Marina Brown