Re: How to run Microsoft Internet Explorer on NetBSD?

>The so-called "Citrix Receiver" ? I've tried it using both Wine and Linux emulation. The Linux version was a huge pain. It segfaulted, whined about SSL / x509 certificates (so tired of seeing this lately in apps), and had the usual way-too-many-dependencies on a zillion worthless GUI libraries and abstraction layers. Honestly, the Wine version looked like it was going to work up until the last moment when ... it didn't. With Windows apps you can't do much but just shrug when they fail.

I had always the same problem. I have read that the https problem is
resolved installing the crypt32 package (winetricks). But I have been
unable to test it. Explorer 7 and Explorer 8 fails to install.

Explorer 6 installs sucessfully (with crypt32) but crashes with the
SSL problem that you mention.

I  have read some report that may be for Explorer 8 it can help wine
mono/wine gecko native. May be I can try to compile them.

> It seems like the previous ICA client didn't have nearly as much kruft and actually worked. I know I've used it at some point on NetBSD. Of course, that version is probably no longer around. It's too bad, though. IIRC, you could often use older clients with newer Citrix servers.

It is still in pkgsrc : net/citrix_ica version 10.6.115659.

It worked until my company changed the certificates to godaddy. I have
been unable to configure the SSL certificates. I am thinking that it
can be the SSL client doesn't understand the new certificates. Can it
be?

-Swift