Re: ataraid issue was Re: [netbsd-7] Critical issue with ffs+log

Michael van Elst a écrit :
joel.bertrand%systella.fr@localhost (=?UTF-8?Q?BERTRAND_Jo=c3=abl?=) writes:

	I suspect your explanation is correct. System tries to write on ataraid
and write operation aborts as kernel panics. On next reboot, ataraid
doesn't resynchronize data.

If both components are online an ataraid mirror will write to both
components and read from a component specific to the block number.
Then it doesn't really matter if things are synchronized because
the component that hasn't been updated isn't used.

But ataraid also doesn't support cache flushing. And this can create
inconsistent states after a crash.

Can you disable write caching on both components ?

By dkctl wd0/1 setcache none save ? I will try next saturday. But if both disks are unsynchronized, how can I force a resynchronization ?

	Regards,

	JKB