Re: wpa_supplicant issues

Hi,

Leonardo Taccari wrote:
Seems that the wpa_supplicant "-d" flags do that (I had never used it
before).

hi, that helped a bit. I found that the card was seeing many accesspoints, but not the one I was trying to connect to.

I think the culprit is that the access point is "g" only (asked the system administrator) while my card is running in "b" mode only.

This is my dmesg:
ipw0 at pci1 dev 2 function 0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x1043 (rev. 0x04)
ipw0: interrupting at irq 11
ipw0: 802.11 address 00:0c:f1:2e:4a:3b
ipw0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps

The ThinkPad R51 I own (but got second-hand) came with two adapters as option: intel 2100 and 2200, only the later is b+g capable.

Can I know from dmesg or with some other tool from NetBSD which version I have? I think of lspci under linux. Hex versions don't help me :)
It could  be the 2100 or that the 2200 is not well supported or recognized.

In case I have only a b card, I need to get a g one. IBM/Lenovo do check for the specific part numebr, so i can't just slap in a card.
Would be the 2200 intel be a well supported card?
The other would be an atheros (AR5001X+ based) . Suposed I find them used, what would be the best choice?

Thank you,
Riccardo