Re: Dbus issues

I've found a dbus script in LFS book, trimmed it a bit,
now I am able to startx. But trying to shutdown or reboot
from GNOME only freezes X, logout option is fine.
There is no .serverauth‎,
"waiting for X server to shut down gnome-settings-daemon:
Fatal IO error 35 (resource temporarily unavailable)
on X server :0", gnome-settings-daemon
is installed, I believe I am still missing something
since I was installing GNOME as package by package.

When logged in as a regular user, there is no restart/shutdown option at all.

Mitt