Re: NetBSD/i386 7.0 hangs booting 486

Hi, all

On 2015/11/23 5:48, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article <56520EE6.8050801%gmail.com@localhost>,
> Felix Deichmann  <m4j0rd0m0%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>> Am 22.11.2015 um 17:59 schrieb Christos Zoulas:
>>> And the fix could be something like:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Just to be safe I built and installed a release with your fix and it
>> works fine on 486 and modern amd64 Phenom.
>> Thanks for your support! :)
>>
>>> Of course the llvm version needs to be fixed too, since it doesn't check
>>> at all:
>>
>> Yes, it would be nice if
>> - we could have the fixes in our tree
>> - they could be pulled-up to 7 for coming releases to work on (older)
>> 486 again (6.1.5 worked without fix for me)

Does this change fix PR#49741, right?

	http://gnats.netbsd.org/49741

(PR#49741 was filed by the person who reported this problem first in
last February as you mentioned(https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2015/02/06/msg003348.html))

That PR said it occured on his netbsd-6 machine, so it should be pulled
up to netbsd-6, too.

                SAITOH Masanobu (msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost
                                 msaitoh%netbsd.org@localhost)