Re: NetBSD/i386 7.0 hangs booting 486

> Does this change fix PR#49741, right?
>
>         http://gnats.netbsd.org/49741
>
> (PR#49741 was filed by the person who reported this problem first in
> last February as you mentioned(https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2015/02/06/msg003348.html))

Yes, probably.

> That PR said it occured on his netbsd-6 machine, so it should be pulled
> up to netbsd-6, too.

No, I think he did an upgrade from 6.1_STABLE to a current 7 and
noticed the problem after that.

[quote from his e-mail to port-i386]
I was in the process of upgrading an old i486-system to a current
NetBSD/i386 (sources from about January 12th [2015]), when bad things
started to happen.
[/quote]

[quote from PR]
Release:        NetBSD 6.1_STABLE
    [but]
System: NetBSD darling.urc.uninett.no 7.99.4 NetBSD 7.99.4 (DARLING)
[/quote]

I tested NetBSD 6.1.5 on my affected 486 and it worked fine without patch.
Nevertheless, if you can find this or a similar problem in netbsd-6,
which is not occuring for some reason then, I do not object to fixing
it of course. :)

Felix