Re: Rust on Rumprun

On 27/09/15 16:49, Sebastian Wicki wrote:
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that Rust programming language now has support
for Rumprun [1] in upstream. This includes support for the Rust
standard library, which now works properly with NetBSDs libc as well.

Awesome! I'm cc'ing netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost, since no doubt folks running "just" NetBSD will also be excited about your work.

The rumprun-packages repository contains a Makefile with README [2]
that will build a Rust cross-compiler and the cargo package manager /
build tool. It also builds a small tool called "cargo rumpbake", which
will invoke "rumpbake" automatically on generated binaries. Using
cargo or cargo-rumpbake is optional, invoking rumpbake directly will
work as well. Baking currently only works for a single executable (see
the prevous thread about multibake symbol issues [3]). Also, working
NetBSD support in Rust fairly new, so there might be bugs.

The obligatory screenshot can be found my personal blog [4]. Feedback
and testing is always welcome.

The package also builds for a very long time ;)

I'm currently waiting for the build to finish to repeat your results ... I need a faster computer.

Cheers,
Sebastian

[1] https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/28593
[2] https://github.com/rumpkernel/rumprun-packages/tree/master/rust