Re: filesystem change monitoring

Ryo ONODERA <ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost> wrote:

> If lsyncd uses Linux's inotofy, you can link libinotify from
> pkgsrc/devel/libinotify. It is a result of GSoC and implemented with
> kqueue/kevent (according to DESCR).

Sure, that works, but kqueue needs to open a file descriptor for every
monitored file, hence you quickly blow your system if the hierarchy is
big.

Moreover, lsyncd makes a poor job at reporting it. It will just stop
replicating without a warning. And it seems it also has a problem with
directory addition when using kqueue. I assume there is no hook to add a
kqueue filter on the new directory.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz