Re: viaide1: channel 0: reset failed for drive 0

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 02:29:47PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Stephen Fisher <sfisher%SDF.ORG@localhost> writes:
>
> > I'm relatively new to NetBSD (I've been using FreeBSD nearly forever)
>
> Welcome (and probably not since before 1993 :-).

Thank you, and that's right.  I switched from Linux to (Free)BSD around
1996 :).

>   try a recent build of -current.  Probably
>
> http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201412190340Z/images/
>   is a good place to start from.  Beware that current may have bugs.
>   But it's the most likely place to have a fix for your problem.

I got the latest copy last night (it had a different timestamp than
above) and it had the same problem.  (I'm in the Us, but the new York
FTP site was very slow so I got it from the mirror in Japan faster).

>   build a custom kernel with extra debugging flags, figured out by
>   reading the driver.  If you do this, I suggest -current.

Okay.

>   Scan the FreeBSD driver's CVS history, to see if you can find a commit
>   that looks relevant.

Will do.  I'll compare FreeBSD's driver to NetBSD's as well.

Thanks for your suggestions.