Re: Can I use a native Linux installation as DomU?

Am Montag, 25. August 2014, 09:13:01 schrieb Brad Spencer:
>    I am stuck on networking. My Dom0 uses wifi, which is bridged with
>    bridge0.
This is typical and depends from the wifi network interface implementation.
Some other drivers are not allowing to add the wifi interface to a linux
bridge ("Operation not supported").

On a notebook with alternating wired and wireless LAN (Broadcom 43224)
connectivity i've bridged the DomU vif with the eth Ethernet interface and use
some routing when on WIFI.

If this is not acceptable for you you might fiddle out / rewrite the MAC of
your VIFs interface to your WIFIs MAC by ebtables or similiar - this gives you
a "complete" Level 2 bridge feeling with such WIFI adaptors. However, it is
not clear how far this doesn't breaks rulez / standards. As long as it works
it might be a suitable workaround for you.

hth
cheerioh,

Niels.
--