Can I use a native Linux installation as DomU?

I am running NetBSD 6.1 i386, XEN3 DOM0, xentools 41.

I have a Fedora 17 installation on a separate partition. Currently I can
dual boot into either of the OSes.

I am trying to run Fedora 17 as DomU on NetBSD Dom0.

Firstly, is it a terrible idea - particularly if I need to continue to use
the Fedora 17 installation natively as well?

I read (lost the reference) that Fedora 17 kernels are Xen DomU compliant.
Also "xm create" does not give any error on the kernel. So hopefully the
kernel is fine.

I have copied the kernel to NetBSD filesystem and set:

kernel = "/vmlinuz-3.9.10-100.fc17.i686.PAE"

I have given the disk layout, by carefully mapping disklabel output on
NetBSD with fdisk -l on Linux :

It has 3 partitions, boot, swap and root.

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/wd0g,sda3,w','phy:/dev/wd0i,sda5,w','phy:/dev/wd0j,sda6,w' ]

Have set the root device as is on Fedora:

root = "/dev/sda3"

When booting Fedora natively, whichever parameters I pass, I have set the
same in extra, with addition of xencons:

extra = "xencons=tty1 root=UUID=<uuid> ro rd.md=0 rd.lvm=0 rd.dm=0
SYSFONT=True  KEYTABLE=us rd.luks=0 LANG=en_US.UTF-8 rhgb quiet"

After xm create, after a long time, I get this error:
 Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

(bridge0 is created.)

The instance shows in "paused" state and closes on its own after some
time.

Would appreciate help to analyze this further.

Mayuresh