Re: Raidframe startup / shutdown procedures

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 09:42:44PM -0400, Scott Burns wrote:
> My question is should we be adding to /etc/rc.conf:
>
>       raidframe=YES

This is the default anyway. You don't need to add it.

> This one probably isn't required but is there a benefit to using this method
> rather than auto-config?

No, at least I'm not aware of one.

>       raidframeparity=YES
>
> 1) Does the above basically perform a 'fsck' equivalent (ie. check the
> parity calc) against the parity on the drives at start-up?

It will check whether it needs to re-calculate the parity. The later might
take quite a while depending on your RAID setup.

> 2)  Is this called prior to the processing of fstab (ie. before mounting)?

No. But it is not necessary to do that before accessing the device.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                 https://zhadum.org.uk/