Re: email management under netbsd : any simple strategies?

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 09:59:15PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 06:18:35PM +0000, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > i have been using mutt under various linux based systems as
> > well as under freebsd.
> >
> > looks like the mutt under netbsd (via pkgin) doesn't support
> > smtp (yet).
> >
> > may i know what kind of strategy mutt aficionados use to get
> > mutt working well under netbsd?
>
> I just setup postfix to relay everything to the mail server.
> then mutt can use /usr/sbin/sendmail

"relayhost" is the name of the main.cf parameter, I believe.

Alternatively, I also played around with something like "msmtp" or
"ssmtp" (available as packages) and "mutt" can be configured to call
those instead.

--
Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost>
"The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the