Re: m17n-lib unpleasantness

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014, Greg Troxel wrote:

Basically "make package-install" in one package does not imply "run over the entire pkgsrc tree and make everything else right.

Oh, completely understood. I hope I didn't give the impression that I had expectations of that kind!

When you had this problem, had you updated all of pkgsrc to current, or just m17n-lib?

Yes; a brand new checkout into an emptied-out /usr/pkgsrc dir.

If you can figure out where you would have noticed such a cuation and send a patch, that would be great.

My impression is that the dependency on fribidi is mistaken:

/usr/pkgsrc/devel/m17n-lib $ make show-depends
fontconfig>=2.10.93nb2:../../fonts/fontconfig
gd>=2.1.0:../../graphics/gd
libotf>=0.9.13nb2:../../graphics/libotf
libXft>=2.3.1nb3:../../x11/libXft
fribidi>=0.10.4nb1:../../converters/fribidi
m17n-db>=1.5.1:../../misc/m17n-db
libxml2>=2.8.0nb2:../../textproc/libxml2

Sorry, but I don't trust my skills to patch things to send one along. Suffice to say that upgrading to fribidi-0.19.6
permitted m17n-lib to build.

--
"Why should we suppose that what is merely necessary to life
is ipso facto better than what is necessary to the study of

                                  G. E. Moore