Re: OT: Reliable Email/Web hosting service - recommendations?

=> Some time next year, I'll be moving from the US to the Philippines.  It
=> is next-to-impossible to get static-IPv4 addresses, and IPv6-access for
=> residential service is (apparently) even less likely.
=>
=> So, I've got a couple of options.  One would be to "lease" a fixed
=> address from a US-based company and set up a VPN-over-tunnel
=> (HideMyAss.com for example).
=>
=> It seems easier to just have someone host my domain's mail and web
=> services, and probably less expensive,too.  But I really don't want to
=> have to use web-based application for Email;  I would much prefer using
=> POP3 (via pkgsrc/fetchmail or similar) to pull mail, and send directly
=> (via postfix).
=>
=> I would also prefer NOT to retain my current DNS services, and not have
=> to transfer them the Email/Web hosting service.
=>
=> So, with all these requirements, does anyone have any suggestions or
=> recommendations?

   For the do-it-yourself-er, maybe a Xen VPS on prgmr.com? You get lots
of flexibility, but cost and maintenance are likely higher than a
hosted services solution. I run a NetBSD 6.1 VPS there now, and they
offer static IPv4 and IPv6, and I have an HE/tunnelbroker.net IPv6
tunnel (w/ipsec) from there to my home network. I think their stock
NetBSD image is still 5.x, but it should be easy to boot up a 6.x or
current DOMU install kernel and do a fresh install.

   Good luck...

                                    Gary Duzan