I18N vs OpenOffice3

I must confess up front that I never really understood the I18N stuff, and really don't have much clue about locales.

I recently upgraded to OpenOffice3-3.1.1nb40 (built from pkgsrc), and when I attempt to run it, it complains thusly:

        {128} soffice
        I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale "en_US"
        {129}

If run from an active Xterm session, it briefly attempts to display a window and quickly exits.

If run from my .fvwm2rc file, the above error message ends up in my .xsession-errors file (as expected). However, the window (which is the size needed for ooo to display its "splash" screen) never goes away, and the process is in a tight cpu loop. (And even if I "destroy" the window, the looping process remains.)

Does anyone have a clue on how to make this work? (Other than going back to the previous revision 3.1.1nb30 ...)

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |