Re: add your laptops to http://wiki.netbsd.org/laptops/

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 6:24 AM, Moritz Wilhelmy
<moritz+NetBSD%wzff.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 01:26:02 +0100, herbert langhans wrote:
>
>> I didnt find out how to make contributions to the wiki. Need a password
>> and seen no way how to get one...
>
> Even when I logged in with my account, it told me the page was locked.

Yes, editing the content of a page is limited to people with TNF
commit privileges. (There were hacks that were going to let everyone
sort of edit, but they turned out to be too hacky for life, at least
in this incarnation. The wiki meta-documentation needs to catch up to
reality.)

Instead, anyone can append comments to any page. You just need an
OpenID, and it doesn't need to be whitelisted or registered. If a
given comment looks spammy a moderator will have to approve, of
course; otherwise, commenting should just work (modulo a bug I just
found where it doesn't actually commit comments to CVS, but they
aren't lost).

Folks with TNF commit privileges: help our users get involved!
Subscribe to the RSS/Atom feed at
<URL:http://wiki.netbsd.org/comments/> and integrate user-submitted
content as it comes in.

- Amitai