Re: Need printer recommendation

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 04:06:09PM +0100, herbert langhans wrote:
> A short question - what laser printer do you use with NetBSD? I would be
> very happy with a Cups-free solution. Maybe a network printer what
> connects by TCP/IP?

I'm using an HP Colour LaserJet CP1515N. It understands Postscript and
NetBSD can talk directly to it over TCP/IP:

#
# HP Colour Laserjet CP1515n
#
book|colwyn|lp:\
        :lp=9100@book-of-gquan:\
        :of=/usr/pkg/libexec/magicfilter/ps600-filter:\
        :sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:

The printer filter is probably not necessary except for extra comfort
(e.g. print images). It is provided by the "magicfilter" package
in "pkgsrc". No CUPS required.

        Kind regrds