Serving FQDNs with dnsmasq

Hello,

[ This list may not be the most appropriate for this question, but I bet
that someone here may have had to fight this before.  Also, the
following includes some generic question regarding NetBSD and hostnames,
so it's on-topic ;-) ]

Despite of what other systems appear to do, it seems to me that NetBSD
wants the hostname definition to be FQDN.  Up until recently, I've had
my little server with a hardcoded hostname=mini.julipedia.org in
/etc/rc.conf and all was good.  For example, postfix could infer the
"mydomain" value by itself.

However, I've now started using a router that runs dd-wrt, and have set
up dnsmasq on it to act as a dhcp server.  The dhcp server is handing
out leases like the following:

            Domain-Name Option 15, length 13: "julipedia.org"
            Hostname Option 12, length 4: "mini"

which result in my NetBSD box getting a hostname value of "mini" instead
of the FQDN one.  This, in turn, breaks the default configuration of
postfix and I believe many other things.

The dnsmasq configuration currently on the router looks like:

interface=br0
resolv-file=/tmp/resolv.dnsmasq
domain=julipedia.org
dhcp-leasefile=/tmp/dnsmasq.leases
dhcp-lease-max=53
dhcp-option=lan,3,192.168.1.1
dhcp-authoritative
dhcp-range=lan,192.168.1.100,192.168.1.149,255.255.255.0,1440m
dhcp-host=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx,mini.julipedia.org,192.168.1.10,infinite
domain-needed
expand-hosts

Is it correct to assume that hostname should be a FQDN?  If so, what
magic do I have to apply to dnsmasq to hand off such names in the
"hostname" option?

(I know I can add some supersede stanzas to dhclient.conf to reject the
hostname option.  But I'd rather not do that.)

Thanks!