Re: NetBSD on Dell Latitude E5510 or E6510 or Precision M4500

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Christopher Berardi
<cberardi%natoufa.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 02:11:08PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
>> Aside from that, no problems (I did opt for a wireless card that I expected
>> to work, it uses the wpi driver though, and has the same kinds of issues
>> with wpa_supplicant and the fancier attachment methods that others have
>> reported with it in other systems - ie: it drops connections frequently).
>
> I had the same issues with my wpi wireless interface. ... I got very
> tired of ... reinitializing the connection, so I wrote this script:
>
>    #/bin/sh
>
>    /etc/rc.d/wpa_supplicant restart
>    /etc/rc.d/network restart
>    /etc/rc.d/dhclient restart
>
> <snip>

Strange!. I had the same experience with my wireless.  I had analyzed it to be
a router problem.  The router/nameserver/IP-NAT is delivered by my
network provider.

Thus I wrote a little keepalive daemon which sends one single ping to
my nameserver
every 60 seconds.  After that my wireless connection runs like a dream.

Perhaps there is a general problem which can be isolated by keeping
both "solutions"
in mind.

Kind regards to all

Hans