Re: NetBSD on Dell Latitude E5510 or E6510 or Precision M4500

    Date:        Thu, 3 Mar 2011 16:13:49 +0100
    From:        Marc Baudoin <babafou%babafou.eu.org@localhost>

  | I'm considering buying a Dell laptop, either a Latitude E5510 or
  | an E6510 or a Precision M4500.  I've had issues before with Dell
  | using brand new hardware not yet supported by NetBSD so does
  | anybody have experience about these models and NetBSD 5.1?

I'm using a Dell Precision M4300 if that is of any use (that's the
source of this message).   It is running 5.1 currently.

Audio doesn't work (a common Dell problem I believe - I've read about some
GPIO bit that needs to be set that NetBSD isn't handling), and while
suspend/resume works, it is impossible to resume X after a resume
(I suspect that's something not being saved/restored correctly by the
nv display driver).

Aside from that, no problems (I did opt for a wireless card that I expected
to work, it uses the wpi driver though, and has the same kinds of issues
with wpa_supplicant and the fancier attachment methods that others have
reported with it in other systems - ie: it drops connections frequently).

kre