Re: Can't compile NetBSD-5.1 STABLE amd64

On Jan 21, 2011, at 2:29 PM, MTS Consult wrote:
> I was used to ArchLINUX and they recompiled the whole system from
> scratch with the new 4.5 which has a lot performance and security
> improvements.

Security improvements from a compiler version change?  While I find it
conceivable that you might get better compiler warnings about potentially
insecure code, developers have to made code changes to fix the issues before
there is any security benefit.

Do you have a reference indicating what the improvements are?  The word
"security" does not appear anywhere on http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.5/changes.html

Regards,
--
-Chuck