Re: Can't compile NetBSD-5.1 STABLE amd64

Hi

I did some research, now that I have a point to hook on.

If it is like you said - then it just can be the compiler (-settings).

I was used to ArchLINUX and they recompiled the whole system from
scratch with the new 4.5 which has a lot performance and security
improvements. Also the compiler is setting now its own flags if you
use -march=native depending on the processor he recognizes.
The "old" compiler NetBSD is using ( 4.1.3 20080704) !!!!!! doesnt
handle this correctly and is a lot more strict.
I gave him after unsuccessfull build the "hint" that it is a nocona processor.
But the 4.1 doesnt even know the nocona directive.

I tried the CPUFLAGS Package and see conservative settings which make
sense then.

Now I am going to recompile with any mk.conf and let you now.

Thank you!

--
Mit freundlichen GrÃÃen,
i.A. Markus Maiwald

Apple for Works - *NIX for Network - Windows for Solitaire

Security is the one concept, which makes things in your life stay as
they are. Otto Normal is a man, who is afraid of changes in his life;
so naturally he does not employ security.