Re: exFAT as the new "portable" filesystem?

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Jasper Wallace <jasper%pointless.net@localhost>
wrote:
> Not saber-rattling, you *will* need a licence to ship devices (or, in the
> US, code) that supports exFAT:

Well, that ends any chance of using exFAT then.

> I've used ext2fs to move files between os's see this:
>
> http://pointless.net/blog/2009/09/22/maximally-compatible-ext2fs/

Why use ext2? It's for Linux. Just as UFS is for BSD. There needs to
be something new.

Why is it that nobody can agree on a portable filesystem then? I guess
these companies really don't want to make this easy. FAT32 is still
the only one that really answers this question, but it's not a good
answer...

Andy