Re: 5.1 release?

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 08:25:38AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> I too have been burning with curiosity about 5.1 release, or if there would
> be an RC4, since the time interval since RC3 has become much greater than
> between RC1 and RC2, or RC2 and RC3.
>
> But now my question is how do I update the source code, what is the preferred
> way.  I can download either the source sets or sourcecd iso, but the question
> is how to update the source directories.
>
> There is the obvious
>
> rm -R /usr/src/*
> rm -R /usr/xsrc/*
>
> and then unpack the new source, but is that the preferred way, or is there
> something more efficient, more elegant, possibly using cvs?

You should be able to just do:
cd /usr/src
cvs update -dPA -r netbsd-5
cd /usr/xsrc
cvs update -dPA -r netbsd-5

as the source sets contains the administrative CVS files pointing to
anoncvs.
If this doens't work, just use
'cvs -d anoncvs%anoncvs.netbsd.org@localhost:/cvsroot ...'
instead of 'cvs ...'