Re: Lingua franca file system Linux-NetBSD-FreeBSD?

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> schrieb:
> I'd try this option, before going the FAT32 way.
>
> There also used to be a UFS file system in linux, but I've no idea if it
> can safely mount a modern BSD FFS.

AFAIK, UFS on Linux does not have (or discourages enabling) read/write
support.

I wonder whether the original poster used NTFS as provided by *BSD
kernels or rather by FUSE. I've had no problems so far using pkgsrc's
filesystems/nfts-3g to access NTFS file systems (although it doesn't
seem to be very fast).