Re: Wireless Multimedia Extensions on NetBSD?

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 02:27:31PM -0700, David Wetzel wrote:

> I don't see that my 5-0 stable from earlier 2010 supports WME.
>
> Thats why I asked if there is worked on...

What I was trying to tell you is that your power saving problem probably
has nothing to do with NetBSD's lack of WME functionality and therefore
having WME as a feature won't solve your problem.  802.11 was able to do
power saving before 802.11e came along.  I never used wme on FreeBSD, yet
my mobile phone is able to do some sort of power saving since I upgraded
to FreeBSD 8.0.

Also worth mentioning:  While trying to solve said problem on FreeBSD
7.0 I tried to enable wme and it didn't help a bit.  The connection was
still unreliable and one had to disable power saving on certain devices
in order to make them work properly.

                Petar Bogdanovic